The first step in conquering halitosis or bad breath is determining what the root cause is. While most halitosis is caused by the mouth itself, there are other factors that might affect the reason why your experiencing bad breath.
- Improper dental care – plaque build up and food particles left on teeth
- Oral Disease – such as gingivitis and periodontal
- Improper Care of Dental accessories – dirty retainers or dentures
- Consumption factors – ingestion of onions, garlic, coffee, alcohol, cigarettes
- Infections and diseases- throat, liver, lungs, sinus, kidney, and diabetes
What to do if you are experiencing halitosis?
If you believe the cause of your halitosis is due to improper dental care, oral disease, or improper care of dental accessories consult your dentists or periodontist for proper cleansing techniques. If you are under the impression that your halitosis could be due to a consumption factor consult your dietician for the proper adjustments to your diet. Your family doctor or physician should be contacted if your halitosis could be linked to an infection or disease. If you are unsure of the cause of your halitosis come in for a check up and we will be able to determine which professional will be able to assist you.
- Affordable Dental Veneers
- Dental Checkup
- Dental Crowns and Dental Bridges
- Dental Restorations
- Dentures and Partial Dentures
- Implant Dentistry
- Preventative Dental Care
- Professional Teeth Whitening
- Restorative Dentistry
- Smile Makeover
- Teeth Whitening Prices
- Find a Dentist in Lake Forest, CA
- Find the Best Dentist in Lake Forest CA